The same standards are applied to all screens throughout the Demiks Admin software to make it more user friendly and trivial.
The vocabulary used for different information and screens are very intentional. Here’s a list of words that have specific definition:
- Lead: A potential student who is interested in your services but has not made the final decision and has not paid yet.
- Student: When a person makes a decision and pays for a course, they become a student.
- Course: Course is what you teach and normally you have a title and a price for it. No start dates or teacher names are important at this point. For example “IELTS Prep for advanced students” is a course.
- Class: You form a class when a group of students pay for a course. The class starts on a specific date at a physical or virtual place and it’s taught by a designated teacher.
- Invoice: Student registration is done through issuing an invoice. Invoice is an official document for your student that indicates the details of what they purchase.
The visual clues used in Demiks Admin are unified across the platform. The following is some examples of these clues.
- You see all the menu items in the top menu.
- Most used menu items are also available on the left hand bar for quick access.
- There are two major kinds of screens: list of records, and the details of one record
- By clicking on any item’s link on a list you navigate to the details page for that record.
- Actions like delete, save, export, etc. are usually on the top right corner of the screen.
Lists and Details screens have their own user interface standards.
User Interface Standards in Lists
- You see a limited number of items on your list. To see more, you can change the number of items you want to see or navigate to other pages of information using the paging controls at the bottom of the list.
- You can sort the information by clicking on the title of each column.
- If you click again on the title of a column, the sort direction changes.
- You can search in the current list of information by typing in the search box on the top left hand of the screen and press enter.
- You can find very specific information by clicking on the advanced search on the right corner of the search box.
- By clicking on export, you will get an Excel file with all the information in the search result.
- On the list along with information, sometimes there are status indicator icons and buttons to perform actions on the information.
User Interface Standards in Details Screen
- Usually the details screen is divided in two sections. On the left you see the basic information and on the right you see other information relevant to the information item on the left.
- Some of the text boxes have a * next to them which indicates they are mandatory.
- The save button on the top right corner becomes active only when there is a change on the information and all the mandatory details are provided in the correct format.
- The software gives you an alert if you try to navigate away from a details screen with unsaved changes.
- The right hand section might include multiple types of information, categorized in tabs. Each tab comes with a set of action buttons on the top left corner of the list or inline with information in the list.
Some information in the system has a lifecycle. Their status changes along their way and these changes reflect real actions in your school. As an example, consider an invoice. At the beginning it’s a draft invoice which means you can freely change it. Once it’s confirmed, it means the registration is official and you are not allowed to change it anymore.
There are a couple of typical status titles you would see.
- Draft: This is normally the initial status. You can change the information and save as many times as you want.
- Confirmed: Something important happens when you confirm something. In the case of an invoice, it means you can’t change it anymore. For a class, it means public visitors can see it on your website if you’ve integrated your website with Demiks.
- Active: This is the default status for all new records. When you add a new lead, student or class, by default it will be active. Some information could stay active forever but some other need to be archived.
- Archive: This is the status for the information that you don’t want to see/use anymore but you want to keep the records. You have access to the archived information by clicking on the advanced search button. Examples of things you should archive: Courses you don’t offer anymore, classes that are over now or leads that are not interested anymore.